Sunday 5 February 2012

KM - Creating The Magazine Advert (Background)


The first thing I did when starting on the magazine advert was to get a good background of blended images to put the information about the digipak etc. over the top of. For the images I used screenshots from our original sample footage, here are links to the 5 images I used:


Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5


The first 2 images before blending
I used the image of the Graffiti cat and the image of the CCTV sign as the base for the background after first changing the background colour to black.


After inserting the first 2 images into Photo shop I added a 'layer mask' to the image of the cat and then used the gradient tool to blend the 2 images together (after overlapping the images where I wanted them on the advert). I also used the gradient tool to blacken the edges of the advert, so that the writing that I was planning to put at the bottom (URLs) would stand out sufficiently.


After I had the first 2 images looking how I wanted I then added the next two (the puddle and the corridor) in parallel above them and again used the layer mask and gradient tool to blend them on top of the other images. I then did the same with the candle image, placing it in between but slightly above the top two images of the puddle and the corridor. 




Finished background
Blending the first 2 images

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments Are Moderated